When considering these plans, please do remember the following:
- The Beacon Steering group are NOT developers. We are quite simply a group of local volunteers who believe this would be great for Hoylake and we have the professional skills and knowledge to help make it happen.
- Our aim is to attract and encourage commercial investment from developers and operators, and we have made significant strides forward in this so far. If they consider it a viable proposal, they will invest, and it will happen.
- We are only interested in ‘steering’ the project in a direction that will be good for Hoylake, as far as possible both before and after the build, and we will continue to do that with your support and input.
- As with the original plans, these plans are NOT definitive. They merely demonstrate the potential of the scheme. Consideration of design details, especially any materials, colours, fascia or aesthetic detail, is premature at this stage. But we would anticipate the final design and build being of a very high quality, blending contemporary design alongside the original building in a respectful and exciting way.
- Such a large scheme it is very flexible. The incorporation of residential and other commercial space also increases the viability of the wider project. Ultimately, as well as cinema space there could be provision for live arts and performance, restaurant, bistro, gallery, retail, office and residential spaces.
- What is shown as residential space at the back (station) end of the site would most likely be retail, food and drink or office space on the ground floor, in accordance with planning guidelines for new town centre development, with the upper floors as residential.
To enjoy a preview the plans please click here (pdf).
PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.